Questions and Answers
When is the best time to clean my turf?
The best time to clean your turf is in the evening. The reason is the live enzymes need water to move around and destroy the bad bacterial spores.
What happens when the turf fibers dry?
If there is no water for the enzymes to move around, they die.
After installation of your products, can I use regular water to keep the top of the turf wet?
Yes, just sprinkle the turf. Do not drench the turf. You want to keep some of the enzymes on top the turf for as long as you can. When you installed the product the first time, some of the enzymes worked its way to the bottom of the turf. This is a good thing! Now you are working the whole system.
Why is evening time the best time?
Urine odors are most likely coming from the bottom of the turf. As the heat rises, the more the smell becomes noticable. This is due to bacterial spores and ammonia growing / rising. The reason evening time is best (in our opinion) is when the weather is cooler, the enzymes can move around freely under the turf killing the bad bacteria. The underlayment under the turf will stay wet in the evening. Once the bad bacteria are gone, the enzymes die.
How do I install the enzyme cleaner?
For Best Results:
- Pre-soak turf surface lightly with water hose prior to product application. (Doing this prevents burning of the live enzymes)
- Agitate / Shake the 32 oz bottle of product to mix prior to application. This separates the enzymes from forming groups.
- Insert water hose in max flow nozzle, ensuring black gasket is on the inside of the max flow nozzle.
- Tighten bottle to nozzle clockwise by hand; do not over tighten.
- Turn water source on.
- While holding the hose and nozzle end away from you, turn the safety tab back towards you.
- Point the nozzle at the soiled areas and spray using a sweeping motion.
- The nozzle dilutes the PE-51 concentrate product to 2 oz. / gallon, which covers 600 – 900 square feet.
- When finished, turn the safety tab back to the upright position, turn water hose off at the source, and disconnect from max flow nozzle.
- Turn the hose on without the nozzle.
- Lightly spray the turf keeping the turf wet for a long as you can.
- The longer the turf is wet the better for enzymes to move around and kill bad bacteria.
- For first time application, use 6-8 oz per gallon / Or spray and let set for 10 minutes. Repeat 3 times (Do not let the turf fibers dry before repeating)
- For routine maintenance, 2 oz per gallon (max flow nozzle is set for 2 oz per gallon of water)
- Store in a dry area out of direct UV lighting. Between 40-120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Save the max flow nozzle and 32 oz bottle to use with 1 gallon refill. (Note: The max flow nozzle will not fit the gallon jug.)
- Do not leave dispensing containers open and vented to the outside; always reseal with the supplied cap.
What does concentrated mean?
Most product you see online (which are usually much cheaper) have had their diluting agent removed or reduced. Concentrated often refers to a liquid solution that’s very strong. If you use a concentrated cleaning product, you might need to mix it with water before using it.
Is your cleaners concentrated?
All of our liquid products we sell on this site are concentrated to the highest content.
Why is it important to be concentrated?
If you do not use a concentrated enzyme, then you will be diluting the product more which lowers your chances of killing the bad bacteria.
Why do you think your enzyme cleaner is better than others?
Our enzymes are made with “Live Liquid” enzymes. We never turn our enzymes into a powder before shipping. Our live liquid enzymes will not turn your surfaces or your animal white.
How can I tell if my product is live liquid?
Most powdered enzymes will create a ring at the bottom of a container after it has been sitting for a few days. The powdered enzymes is diluted and does not contain the strength that non-powdered enzymes contain. Some will disagree with this statement. If you are using ZeoFill or BioFill, then you need to use a live liquid. The powder will clog the ZeoFill or BioFill. In most cases, our products a less expensive then the other brands.
Is your live liquid enzymes safe for animals?
Absolutely yes.. Our product can be sprayed on real sod, cement, plants, rocks, fencing and most other surfaces without worry of turning your areas white. You can spray our “Live Liquid” enzymes while your animals are on the turf. It will not hurt your animals.
Why not other type of cleaners such as chlorine based products?
There are products out there that use a chlorinated system which is not good for your pets. Would you spray bleach on your dog? I think not!
If the artificial turf gets wet or rained on after application, does it need to be reapplied?
Depends on the amount of rain. The enzymes in our products need water to be able to move around and destroy the bad bacterial spores. Light rain would be perfect in this case. On the other hand, if there is a heavy downpour for a long period of time, then the ground under the turf will absorb all the enzyme cleaner , hence you would have to reapply the enzyme cleaner when needed. In most cases, you will not have to reapply after a heavy downpour with or without an enzyme cleaner.
How long is the lifespan of your products?
Manufacture says 30 years but I haven’t tested it that long. They say the ingredients all are of high quality which have a lifespan of 30 years. I suppose you would need to shake the container ever so often to keep the enzymes alive just like you would have to start your car ever so often to keep the battery alive.
What is the difference between PE-51 and BioFresh?
PE-51 and BioFresh are the same ingredient. PE-51 is marketed for outside, and has a “Fresh Cut Grass” scent. BioFresh is marketed for inside use, and has a Lavender scent. Both can be used for indoor or outdoor applications.
Can I purchase your products without using the site?
Unfortunately no sorry. Our system is online based with McAfee and is highly Protected against fraud. Our computers in our offices do not have credit card capabilities. If you live in the San Bernardino area or the High Desert, then you can come to our office and pay cash or check.